Travel Administrative Assistant – Wilmington Office
Where travel is a profession and not just a pastime.
Accent on Travel in Wilmington, DE is hiring a Travel Administrative Assistant to provide outstanding administrative, sales, and customer support to our clientele and team. If you like working in a social environment full-time, and you want to be in an office where you can learn and grow into a lucrative career in the travel industry, and you have previous experience as an Admin Assistant, Sales Assistant, Concierge, (or other similar positions,) or in the travel industry, we encourage you to stop reading this and apply right now! Our people enjoy working with a great team of professionals and enjoy great pay, career advancement opportunities, professional development, company sponsored insurance, travel perks, and SO much more.
Wake Up Knowing You Work Somewhere Wonderful!
As the Travel Administrative Assistant, you perform vital functions that keep our clients happy, our team organized, and contributes to our ability to collectively deliver quality service and travel experiences. Your primary focus is to be helpful to everyone as the lead organizer of the bunch. We need you to remain adaptable, flexible, interested, and upbeat. On most workdays, your tasks will read something like this:
- You will be the Director of 1st Impressions when it comes to chatting with those seeking travel planning services where you will answer calls, explain how we add value to their vacation, explain what services we offer, schedule client appointments, share vital information to the team about their preferences and what you have learned through friendly conversation, and follow up with inquiries via phone and email.
- You are vital to keeping our relationships with travel providers, current and prospective clients, and fellow team members healthy and fun.
- You assist Travel Advisors in researching, coordinating, and communicating findings, options, and plans to clients.
- You assist in preparing trip documents for clients so that they have all their important information on our exclusive online travel app and in print when desired.
- You help keep our client’s information up to date with their travel preferences and future ‘wish list’ vacation experiences.
- You will help keep our traveler’s information, who are vacationing together, organized and easily available for our team.
- You will get to help put together our virtual and our exciting local in-person travel events.
- You will be treated as a vital team member going to our sales conferences and attending our weekly team meetings.
- You are the first impression for new clients seeking professional vacation planning which means you are the voice and face of Accent on Travel. You should have no issues working in a public facing position responsible for meet and greets, small talk, and general courtesy and acknowledgement of visitors.
- You need strong administrative, organizational, problem solving, customer service, and computer literacy skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Once educated, we expect you to be self-directed, self-motivated, and self-managed. We don’t want to micromanage anyone.
- We are looking for passion about travel, a good attitude, a fast learner, good listener, and a helpful teammate with prior travel planning or administrative assistant experience.
- You’ll need to have at least an associate’s college degree to keep up with our traveler’s expectations of their plans being managed by educated professionals.
Ten Awesome Reasons to Love Working at Accent on Travel
- We provide you the opportunity to make a difference in other people’s lives through travel.
- You get to work in the exciting world of travel with dedicated and successful team environment – where there is never a boring day!
- You get the opportunity to take advantage of great travel opportunities and personal vacations exclusive to those connected with a successful and reputable travel company so you can experience why people should travel and learn more about the world you live in.
- Even without previous experience, you start with a great starting salary of $33K with an immediate incentive that can increase your salary to $50,000+ annually.
- We are proud of our inclusive company culture, where we utilize our unique gifts, recognize exemplary attitudes and stellar performances.
- We believe in work life balance, so you’ll have a total of 22 paid days off work your first year (including holidays, PTO, and your birthday!).
- We invite you to participate in our group medical plan, and we contribute to help pay for it each month on your behalf.
- Top performers enjoy career advancement opportunities, profit sharing, promotions, and ongoing professional development.
- We help fund your continued education and certifications.
- We help you fund your life’s dreams by giving you access to 401(k) plan and matching contributions. (Matching eligibility starts your 2nd year)
The World Is Yours. Start Your Journey by Applying Today!
Send us your resume here, that’s it! We’ll be in touch soon, likely within 1 – 10 business days, if you appear to be a great match for our team and position.
About Accent on Travel in Wilmington, Delaware
Accent on Travel creates exclusive and luxury vacation experiences for families, couples, solo travelers, groups. Our travel team has been in the business over 33 years and we’re still going and growing strong. We tailor travel plans to our client’s preferences, style of travel, and places to stay and see. We don’t provide “ordinary” travel experiences, we arrange enriching and memorable journeys that bring clients’ deepest travel desires and escapes into reality so that they experience new cultures, connections, and cultivate new ways of thinking and being. The Accent on Travel team does more than just advise on travel, we create real life magic!
Equal Employment Opportunity
Accent on Travel is a proud equal opportunity employer, and we provide our employees with a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, parental or family status, or veteran. We encourage all interested individuals to apply. Accent on Travel (when on land!) is located at 1601 Concord Pike, #27 Wilmington, DE 19803 in Independence Mall, and online, we’re located at accentontravel.com. Visit us, get inspired, and choose your experience today!